Myra Fleming Rehabilitation & Care Consultant
Providing comprehensive Care Needs and Rehabilitation assessments in connection with personal Injury claims.
About Myra Fleming
Myra Fleming has been a Registered General Nurse since 1974. She has specialist qualifications in Orthopaedic Nursing, including multiple trauma and spinal injuries, and experience in Rehabilitation and Case Management.
Myra has been preparing Immediate Needs Assessments and Care Needs/Services reports since 1997. Myra Fleming offers a totally independent Care Needs and Rehabilitation assessment service.
Based in Fife, Scotland Myra works with individuals across the UK and has worked on International cases.
Qualifications & Training
- Registered General Nurse
- Orthopaedic Nursing Certificate
- Courtroom skills (Thomas Sands Institute)
- Report writing (Bond Solon)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Royal College of Nursing
- CMSUK (Case Management Society UK)
- RGN, Victoria Infirmary, Glasgow
- Primary Care Nurse, Florida – caring for patients with a variety of conditions
- Post registered Orthopaedic Nursing course
- Ward Manager in an Orthopaedic & Rheumatology, Directorate, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Medical Case Manager – Crawford & Co. Healthcare
- Rehabilitation Case Manager – FirstAssist
- Rehabilitation Case Manager – Rubicon Health Ltd
For more information or to discuss a referral, please contact Myra directly.
Care Needs/Services reports
I can generally provide an appointment within 4 -6 weeks of instruction.
Following thorough review of available documentation I would then undertake a comprehensive home-based assessment thereafter my aim would be to provide a report within 2 weeks of the assessment subject to all relevant information being available.
These reports are prepared for use within the litigation process and provide information on the following:
- Evaluation of past, current and future care needs in respect of impact of personal injury on activities of daily living.
- Recommendations for requirements for future home adaptations and equipment to optimise independence
- Recommendations for rehabilitation intervention can also be included if required
Rehabilitation Case Management:
Immediate Needs Assessment reports
Following instruction, my aim is to contact the injured party within 5 working days and undertake a home-based assessment of their needs within 14 working days from instruction. I will then prepare a report outlining a rehabilitation & case management programme including all relevant costs within 7 days of the assessment. Feedback is provided on an ongoing basis to the Defendants insurers and the Pursuer Solicitor.
Immediate Needs Assessment reports identify those areas in which rehabilitation is needed in order to maximise functional independence and quality of life.
They are usually prepared in accordance with the Rehabilitation Code of Best Practice and can make recommendations regarding areas such as:
- Treatment and rehabilitation needs
- Equipment/aids to assist in activities of daily living
- Recommendations for domestic assistance
- Adaptations to housing
- Care packages
- Transport/Taxi Account
Clients include several firms of Solicitors, Pursuer, Defender and Insurers.
Repeat work is frequently attracted.
Whilst most work relates to Motor Liability and Employers Liability cases, reports have also been prepared for Medical Negligence cases.